As Spring-Summer fashion gives a nod to the 70's disco era, we're seeing an array of larger-than-life earrings that pops up on the catwalks -- from Naeem Khan's multi-color chandelier earrings to Chanel's decolletage-sweeping two-tone tassels to Christian Siriano's dangling pairs.
These dramatic earrings make the perfect jewelry to spice up any and every outfit. And they're not as intimidating an accessory as they look: Oversized earrings flatter just about every face shape and visually make your features look more petite.
Another bonus: They work with most hairstyles, from short pixies to shoulder-grazing bobs -- just keep hair off your face to show off those statement jewelry. If you have long hair, try wearing it back in a loose updo or this season's stylish braid.
How to pull off oversized earrings
- To avoid accessory overkill, skip the necklace. With dramatic earrings, you don't need any other jewelry around your face.
- Ditto for your neckline -- big earrings look great with bare shoulders or a lower-cut top.
- Statement earrings are most flattering when they graze your shoulders -- any longer will look over-the-top.
- To emphasize your cheekbones, opt for earrings that hit your jawline. To play up your neck, go for something longer.
- Too bold for you? Try large earrings in classic colors instead of neon-brights. A pair of shoulder-dusters or hoop earrings in silver or gold are more understated but just as chic.