Grilled Sausage With Chickpea Salad
- 8 assorted Italian pork sausages
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Prick sausages with fork to allow excess fat to drip. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add chickpeas, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer chickpea mixture to a large bowl. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, arugula, parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and lemon juice, and toss to combine.
- Divide grilled sausages among 4 plates, and top with chickpea salad.
513 calories (35g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 29g fat) per serving