Vegetarian Pad Thai
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 6 ounces rice stick noodles
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (Thai chili sauce)
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup peanut oil, divided
- 3 cups diced extra-firm tofu
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the honey, mirin, soy sauce, Sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, and stir-fry until onion softens. Add carrot and bell pepper, and stir-fry until carrot is tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of the vegetables. Pour the egg into the well and stir-fry until partially cooked. Add noodles and reserved honey mixture, and stir until combined.
- Add the tofu, scallions, bean sprouts, and coriander, and stir-fry until combined and heated through.
- To serve, divide among serving bowls and garnish with peanuts and lime wedges.
382 calories (16g protein, 48g carbohydrate, 14g fat) per serving
Related Recipes:Recipes you might love too
Related Diet Tools: