Thai Pork Satay
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, green onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, coriander, and cayenne pepper; add pork, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Thread marinated pork, water chestnuts, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and sweet onion alternately onto skewers. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan, bringing to a boil.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook skewers for 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked through. Turn skewers while grilling to cook evenly, and brush with boiled marinade.
294 calories (25g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 12g fat, 581mg sodium) per serving