- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces reduced-fat margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe banana
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9" X 5" loaf tin with nonstick foil.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and margarine, and beat until creamy. Add the eggs, banana, and milk, and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda; add to banana mixture and mix lightly.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin, and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
106 calories (3g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 156mg sodium) per serving