Thai Beef With Chili
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 small red fresh chilis, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ pound flank steak, thinly sliced diagonally against the grain
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Jasmine rice (optional)
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chili, and garlic. Add beef, and toss to combine. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add beef, and cook 2 minutes or until beef is barely cooked. Transfer beef to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon oil to juices in skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper, green pepper and reserved beef marinade, and cook until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Return beef to skillet, cook, stirring, another 2 minutes, until just cooked through. Serve with jasmine rice, if desired.
343 calories (22g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 15g fat) per serving