Spicy Grilled Beef Steak
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chilli
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1¼-pound skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rice (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chipotle, oregano, and ½ teaspoon salt. Rub steak with 1 tablespoon oil, then season with spice mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and bell peppers, and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander and season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks in pan, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to platter, top with pepper mixture, and serve with rice, if desired.
437 calories (33g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 29g fat) per serving