Mussels With White Wine and Saffron
Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- 3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2½ tablespoons chives, chopped
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add the garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine and saffron, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add mussels to pot, and cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes, or until shells open, shaking the pot occasionally with lid covered to redistribute the mussels. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Divide mussels and broth among six soup bowls. Sprinkle with chives.
115 calories (12g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 299mg sodium) per serving