Breaded Shrimp Cakes
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr 30 Minutes
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Tartar sauce, for dipping
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside. On a flat plate, spread 1½ cups of the breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, mayonnaise, eggs, bell pepper, onion, scallions, parsley, mustard, salt, pepper, and remaining ½ cup breadcrumbs.
- Scoop shrimp mixture by 1/3-cupfuls and form into 8 shrimp cakes. Coat shrimp cakes with breadcrumbs on plate, and transfer to baking sheet using a flat metal spatula. Slightly flatten cakes and let refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add 4 cakes and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 4 cakes. Serve shrimp cakes with tartar sauce.
604 calories (30g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 40g fat) per serving