ShoppingLifestyle.com


Poison-Proof Your Home

What you need to know about poison management at home.
The home can be a dangerous place when it comes to poisoning accidents. Young children, known for exploring actively with their mouths, are especially at risk. Learn what you can do to prevent accidental poison ingestions by the young ones in your family.

Preventing Accidental Poisoning

  • Household Chemicals & Pesticides
    Some of the most common household products, such as detergents, pesticides and bleaches, contain toxic ingredients and can be hazardous if ingested through the mouth, or if they come into contact with the eyes or skin.

    Prevention Tips:
    Always keep household chemicals and pesticides away from children's reach and sight. Do not store noxious products like cleaning detergents and roach baits together with food in the same cabinet.

    Because children associate cups and bottles with food and drink, never transfer household chemicals into unlabelled containers or mineral water bottles. Some substances in particular may resemble common everyday beverages, which can be ingested by mistake. For example, many people store leftover paint thinner in bottles, which is a bad idea - thinner looks exactly like water - and this can lead to accidental poisoning.

    Before applying pesticides, remove children and their toys from the area and keep them away until it is dry or as advised by the usage instructions on the label.

Like This?
Share it with your friends!
Share |
Subscribe our newsletter. It's FREE!
 
PAGE: 1 of 4
page  1  2  3  4












Copyright ShoppingLifestyle.com All rights reserved.
All content appearing on ShoppingLifestyle.com including but not limited to photographs and text, is protected by copyright.
No material may be copied or reproduced without written permission from the copyright holder.