Sautéed Halibut With Potatoes
Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- ¾ pound baby red potatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1½ pounds halibut fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- In a small saucepan, add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season halibut with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets to skillet, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown on the sides and barely opaque in center. Transfer to a plate.
- Deglaze skillet with wine and bring to a boil. Continue cooking until reduced by half, and remove from heat. Swirl in butter until emulsified.
- Place potatoes and halibut on plates. Spoon pan sauce over fillets and serve.
354 calories (38g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 18g fat) per serving