Omelet with Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and peppers; saute until soft. Sprinkle with basil and remove from pan.
- Pour eggs into pan and return to heat. Cook eggs until semi-solid, then flip. Place mushroom mixture and cheese on top of omelet. Season with pepper and fold in half. Cook until firm. Serve warm.
250 calories (17g protein, 4g carbohydrate, 18g fat, 337mg sodium) per serving