- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 plastic wrap sheets, and pound meat using mallet, until ¾-inch thick. Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oregano, vinegar, oil, scallions, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken and flip to coat both sides. Cover and chill about 2 hours, turning once.
- Heat grill to medium. Lightly grease grates with vegetable oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill chicken, turning once, until thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add marinade, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes over high heat.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates, and drizzle with marinade.
279 calories (40g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 410mg sodium) per serving