Smoked Salmon Omelet (Frittata)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an 8-inch ovenproof saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and saute, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, water, tarragon, and salt. Season with pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and top with salmon slices. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until partially set.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake until firm and puffed, about 14 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to loosen the frittata from pan and slide onto a serving platter. Slice and serve.
161 calories (10g protein, 1g carbohydrate, 13g fat, 541mg sodium) per serving