Turkey Cannellini Chili
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey and salt, and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin, and cook 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), cannellini, and water. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Divide chili among 4 bowls, and serve with a dollop of yogurt.
389 calories (33g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 13g fat, 873mg sodium) per serving