Squash with Tomato-Garlic Sauce
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap squash in aluminum foil, place in a baking dish and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove squash from foil and scoop out the seeds and discard. With a large spoon, scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Using two forks, pull apart the flesh so it separates into spaghetti-like strands. Transfer the spaghetti squash to a serving dish. Drizzle tomato sauce over squash and sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
132 calories (4g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 158mg sodium) per serving