- 4 eggplants, cut length-wise into 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Layer paper towels on baking sheet. Place half of eggplant on top in a single layer. Sprinkle with 1 teasppon salt and cover with paper towels.
- Arrange second layer of eggplant, sprinkle with remaining salt, and cover with paper towels. Let stand for 30 minutes, then rinse and blot dry each slice.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil, and then season with pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill eggplant for 16 to 20 minutes, turning once, until browned and tender.
123 calories (2g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 485mg sodium) per serving