- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook until firm-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper, and cook 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly golden. Add broccoli and salt, and cook another 2 minutes, stirring, until just tender.
95 calories (3g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 7g fat) per serving