Breaded Pork Cutlets With Salad
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 boneless loin pork chops, pounded to ¼-inch thick
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ medium head radicchio, cored, shredded
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, cored, shredded
- 1/8 cup garlic-herb vinaigrette
- On a sheet of wax paper, combine flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread breadcrumbs on a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle pork with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dredge chops in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops in skillet; reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and drain.
- In a large bowl, toss together the radicchio, iceberg lettuce, and vinaigrette. Place chops on plates and serve with salad.
544 calories (48g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 28g fat) per serving